Urban Arts Leadership (UAL) is an example of change in action. This leadership initiative was launched in 2013 by the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance (GBCA). In line with the GBCA mission, Urban Arts Leadership creates equity and opportunity In, Through, and For arts and culture in Greater Baltimore. The initiative is a workforce development fellowship awarded to high achieving emerging leaders of color, and it champions policies and practices of cultural equity that empower a just, inclusive, equitable nation.
The Urban Arts Leadership builds capacity by connecting Fellows to resources and professional development workshops, with a particular focus on racial equity and inclusion. Fellows receive information and training, while developing new and expanded networks.
Since its conception in 2013, Urban Arts Leadership has provided training to over 45 Fellows. UAL Alumni are employed within arts sector leadership positions locally, regionally and beyond.
Over the course of a ten-month commitment, the Urban Arts Leadership Fellowship award includes:
- Intensive professional development training in arts administration.
- The opportunity to lead a project in collaboration with host organization partners.
- The opportunity to network, and develop relationships with leaders in the arts sector.
- Explicit equity and inclusion training.
- A $10,000 stipend.
- Host Organization One-Pager
- Host Organization Eligibility Requirements
- Urban Arts Leadership Info-Packet
Questions? Contact GBCA if you have questions about application requirements, submission policies, deadlines, or other administration issues.
Contact: the GBCA Equity Department, email@example.com
Contact Submittable if you have technical issues with the online submission process, formatting your files, or encounter errors while uploading. Contact: 855-467-8264 / firstname.lastname@example.org